Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Beauty pageant, Kung Fu Fighting and more.

-I know I already pimped the "My name Earl"/"The Office" hour, but this week's episodes warrants repeating the praise. Jason Lee is my early season candidate for the Best Actor Emmy and rest of the cast holds up their end perfectly. Jaime Pressley is surprisingly not just another bimbo whose posed naked for Playboy three times. I mean, she is one, but she's pretty funny too.

-As for the Office, any show which finds Steve Carrell engaging in no fooling karate fight is worth multiple viewings. The opening prank was also ridiculously funny. If 40 Year Old Virgin is an indication of Carrell's movie career, this series probably won't last too long, so enjoy it while it's still around.

-Opening night for the NBA was eventful with two OT games, the Kings (my pick for Western Conference champs) getting killed by the transient Hornets and the Spurs showing that they are even better than last season. I was trying to be cool by picking someone else to win, but when every "expert" thinks they're gonna win it all, perhaps I should've listened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home