Thursday, January 19, 2006

Antonio goes the Artest route..sortof

So it amuses me to no end to see how apologetic sports commentators are about Antonio Davis running into the stands last night. Granted, he wasn't as wild eyed and crazy as Bi-Polar poster boy Ron Artest, but still, the chance for escalation was certainly there and what would have happenned if there was another incident? I understand Davis's concern for his wife, but I thought we established that running into the stands is NEVER ok.

And the worst part of the whole incident is that it overshadowed a pretty good game and the fact that the Knicks blew a chance to steal one on the road. Methinks Stern's gonna come down harder on Davis than many think and in all honesty, he should.

Speaking of the Knicks, look's like Isiah has found the reason for the Knicks woes: Bill Simmons! Yup, not the fact that he gave away tons of draft picks for a guy with a heart problem:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Gotta disagree with you there Levy. Stern can do whatever he wants discipline wise, but I can't blame Davis for what he did. And I would say, in the same situation, I would have done the same thing, and I'd be surprised if you wouldn't too. If someone was accosting my wife, there's no "rule" that would stop me from trying to protect her, or at least checking to make sure she was ok.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I just feel like there must be a better solution here. I do feel for Davis and probably would've been mighty pissed if someone were attacking my girlfriend or wife, but in pro-sports, the player/audience split exists for a reason. Let's say the situation were reversed and one of the players clocked Davis. Would his brother be entitled to jump the scorer's table and go after that player? Of course not.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home