Friday, December 30, 2005

At least us Jets fans have our pride

From Bill Simmons column today:

Bills (-1.5) over JETS
Here's an e-mail about Monday night's game from Doons (a good friend of my buddy J-Bug). I thought it summed up the Jets season:

"So I got tickets to the MNF game last night and sat in the front row behind the Pats bench on about the 20-yard line. The Jets firefighter guy was four rows behind me. Around the middle of the third quarter, after him screaming his head off since the start of the game … I had enough. So I got up (in full Damien Woody Pats gear), turned around and told him 'Can you please shut up and sit the (bleep) down, you've been on TV enough tonight already.' He came down and wanted to fight me, hilarious! He was screaming at me saying he could get the whole section to kick my ass and to shut my mouth, yelling so loud and head-butting me with his fire helmet, and there was spit spray coming out of his mouth hitting me in the face. I just kept laughing and told him to go back and sit on his buddy's shoulders. Security came over, broke it up and said although he was in the wrong, they couldn't kick him out because the Jets mandate he be there as their Super Fan."

(Ladies and gentlemen, the 2005 New York Jets!)

Thank you, Ed. You've left the rest of the country with certifiable evidence that many Jets fans suck as much as Jets players.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home