Monday, November 21, 2005

Back from O-HI-O

A few thoughts from my second trek to Ohio. Fortunately, I had access to a car all weekend and didn't have to walk two miles to a Wal-Mart for entertainment this time. But I digress:

-Saw the latest Harry Potter film at a midnight screening right near the OSU campus. Suffice it to say, I was the oldest person in the theater by a good few years. It occurred to me that many of the college students there likely began reading Harry Potter when they were 8-10. Now THAT made me feel really old. The film itself was fairly entertaining if not a bit of a let down in terms of the authenticity of the story compared to the book. It seemed a bit rushed (and that's saying something considering the movie was 2+ hours). Definitely worth seeing, but I can't help but feel that the last one was much better.

-For anyone that is looking to patent a good idea, I discovered the perfect solution for shopping weary men: put a bar in all shopping malls right next to departments stores. Fill it with video games and provide patrons with unlimited game cards for set periods of time. Men will never complain about shopping again.

-The OSU-Michigan game was fun to watch amongst OSU alums, but also left me a bit sad that I didn't have the same college sports connection. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my college experiences for anything. Still, it would've been nice to feel some connection spirit wise to my school.

2 Comments:

Blogger gutterkizmet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:33 PM  
Blogger gutterkizmet said...

Your college athletics connection may actually be gaining. This is UAlbany's 6th or 7th year in D1, Twhile the football program isn't moving as fast as they would like, they did announce on campus that they are going to be building a large football stadium so they have the seating capacity to move from 1-AA to the big time.

On the other hand, the Basketball team is starting to really pick up steam. I am going to go to the game tonight. They are heavily favored to win the America East conference this year, and their conference has an automatic bid to March Madness. In fact last years America East representative (Vermont) is the team that upset Syracuse in the first round.

While I am not ready to call them a contender - the program is moving the right direction. You might be suprised in a few years...

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home