Monday, March 27, 2006

Spooked by shuffle play

So as I was finalizing my fantasy baseball team (verdict? power heavy, may be screwed on average), I've been listening to my Real Player library. As I finished the draft, "Mother" by Pink Floyd came on. Cool tune, always a good listen. But strangely, it was followed by "Mother" by Danzig. Ok, that's weird. Next up, "Mother and Child Reunion" by Paul Simon. Now, I was freaking out. Was my Real Player reaching out to me and screaming for me to call my mom?

Um, no. I didn't have it on shuffle. Just was going through the library by alphabetical order.

As always, the most logical answer is usually the correct one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

You have an Ipod and you use real player?

10:44 AM  
Blogger A Mus-Ed Blogger said...

Mike, this is actually a comment I should have made long time ago, but I'm reading all your blogs now (I have a lot of time at my internship) and I have to say I LOVE HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH! Have you gotten Shira to watch? As far as music, you might also like "Orange Sky" by alexis murdoch (might not be his name). Thinking of you and enjoying your writing!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hedwig is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine, although not quite sure why I feel so guilty about liking it. The music is exceptionally good and the movie itself is pretty entertaining (though the soundtrack is better).

As for Brian's question, I had long ago transferred much of my music collection onto my computer using real player. Until I had an I-Pod, I didn't use I-Tunes at all. So my Real Player library is much more extensive than my itunes one.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home