Friday, July 07, 2006

Old School

So, to distract me as I waited to hear about my dad's operation yesterday, I put on one of my favorite comedies of the last few years, Old School. I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan and even though his performance in Anchorman was probably a better role, I think Ferrell was even funnier in this film. In fact, virtually everytime he, Vince Vaughn or Jeremy Piven spoke, I was cracking up.

The only part of Old School I really still don't care for is Luke Wilson's performance. Look, I get that for such a role, you need more of a straight man. But, at no point did I feel any real empathy for him. I know it's stupid to nitpick a comedy like this, but I feel like someone with some better acting chops could have pushed the film from being quite hysterical to a comedy classic. And I don't necessarily dislike Wilson overall, as he's very good in Royal Tenenbaums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home