Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Sports Guy steals one from me

So, I was reading Bill Simmons' most recent column, a running diary of yesterday's opening day Red Sox and Yankees' games. When lo and behold, I came across this nugget:

"8:39 -- One more question: Who's representing the Napoleon Dynamite guy? Shouldn't another 5-6 years have passed before he was stuck starring in a movie with Rob Schneider and David Spade? What an outrage."

Now, normally, this would be nothing of note. Simmons rips on pop culture targets pretty normally, but I found it quite amusing since I wrote this on January 31:

"saw the poster for "Benchwarmers" with David Spade, Rob Schneider and the guy from Napoleon Dynamite. I have to ask: who's this kid's agent? Schneider & Spade, together in one film? I mean, wow, talk about your HIGH LEVEL star power."

So what's up Simmons? Think you can rip off a guy because he's some no name blogger who occasionally mispells words and no one reads beyond a few close friends? Think I'm gonna ignore this? Hell no YOU PUNK, IT'S ON!

I believe the going SGA writing fee is about $500 bucks per joke. Make mine out to cash, please.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I think it's pretty safe to say that neither of you were the firsts ones to think of that joke.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Yes, I know. I was just amused at how similar our reaction are. And seriously, who told that kid this was a good idea? Did he see the Animal? Joe Dirt?

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home