Monday, April 23, 2007

Entourage-The Sucky Season

Allow me to resurrect this long dormant blog to address what I consider to be a very shameful situation in television today. After a fairly entertaining first half of their Third season, Entourage returned for an additional series of episodes to coincide with the final Sopranos episodes ever. And after years of being screwed with by the Sopranos, I was actually looking forward to Entourage more than I was looking forward to the final days of Tony Soprano. Little did I know...

For through the first three episodes, I have witnessed the characters neutered, feminized and generally turned into sucky versions of their previous selves. Ari the asshole agent is now crying over losing Vince? Excuse me, but we like him as an asshole. That's why the character works. Then we have E, who was pretty pathetic to start with, refusing to tell his friend, a multimillionare actor who could do whatever he likes, that he can't come on vacation with him and then throwing his girlfriend under the bus to not get said friend upset. Finally, Vince himself seems to be back in the wishy washy annoying guy he was back in the first season. What happen to the defiant guy who basically told Hollywood to fuck off last season?

I don't get it and I'm really praying things change and fast. When the only thing I have to look forward to next week is a Pauly Shore cameo, methinks it's time for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home