Sunday, October 14, 2007

This is the winter of my sports discontent

Here I sit on this crisp fall afternoon, my head still hurting from enduring yet another Jets defeat to another crappy team. It would be one thing if they lost to the Patriots or Colts-but the Eagles are so done that Andy Reid has been placed on the chopping block already. I think that until they win another game, Eric Magini should lose the name "Mangenius" and revert to the nickname I have for Steve Francis.

Later this month, I get the joy of seeing the Knicks parade out another crappy team. I mean, what happenned here? Did Isaiah blame Ewing for his Dream Team snub and thus, is trying to destroy the Knicks? Or is Thomas just an awful human being on par with Hitler and Barbara Streisand? And may I add my disgust to the fact that they are re-signing Allan Houston? I mean, why not just knock on each Knick fan's door and drop a flaming a bag of poo on their doorstep before running off, cackling into the night?

As for my beloved Yankees, another season, another early playoff exit. I love Joe Torre as much as anyone, but the time has come to let him go. Blow the whole team up and start anew. That's what they've needed to do really for about 4-6 years now and now's as good a time as any. It'll suck if Torre, Mo and A-Rod depart, but why keep playing the same hand that has never won you anything real?

My only solace? My adopted Ohio State Buckeyes. 7-0, No. 1 in the land and they have a linebacker who is the son of one half of the Road Warriors. Everything I could ever want in a team. Go Bucs!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home